Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Pâtisserie

Pâtisserie near the Eiffel Tower
Who doesn't like a beautiful croissant?  Pain au chocolat? Hmmm....I think I gained 20 pounds just eating these beautiful creations when I lived in France during college.  My family knows I love France!  So when my brother and sister-n-law came to visit me in The Netherlands a few weeks ago, Paris was one of the cities on their list to visit.  Let's just say that they did not need to twist my arm.

Before going, I decided to ask my French friend, who recently lived in Paris, for some tips of things that she enjoyed while living in this beautiful city.  I am going to write about some of these tips in the next succession of blogs.

One important fact that she reminded me of is that a Boulangerie and Pâtisserie are protected titles in France.  Which means that not just any bakery can use it.  If you see Boulanger....close but no cigar.  It is a big difference because you can depend that all things that are made within a Pâtisserie are made fresh that day and not frozen.  Plus they must employ a master pastry chef.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P%C3%A2tisserie

I took the above picture of a beautiful Pâtisserie near the Eiffel Tower...the lady was shy so she turned her back but she was very pleased that I took a picture of her bakery.  I wanted to stay a bit longer and try out a few of her many treats. But the lighting was perfect for a sunset picture at the Eiffel Tower...duty called.

No comments:

Post a Comment